Ecuador seniors tours, trips for senior citizens
Sample itineraries senior tours
Our Senior travellers can benefit from our city packages in many ways, below we list a few possibilities for putting together trips to the main cities in Ecuador. You can enjoy the best of local culture, wildlife and traditional lifestyle using one of Ecuador´s main cities as your homebase. You will stay at one hotel (no packing and unpacking everyday) and visit nearby attractions on fun and interesting day trips. At all times our Senior travellers are not far from main hospitals and medical attention, enjoy a well paced trips in company of a full-time professional tour leader, delicious meals at carefully selected restaurants and the finest accommodations at our brand of Ecuador boutique hotels.
Below are some sample itinerary ideas:
Quito city package
Day 1 - Quito
Arrival transfer from airport to your boutique hotel.
Days 2 through 4 - Quito
Enjoy 3 full days of tours around Quito and the many attractions nearby. A wonderfull array of possibilities exist around the capital of Ecuador in the heart of the Andes.
Some full and half day trip options are:
- Half day trips: City tour of the colonial district, Middle of the world tour, Museum tour, Art gallery tour, Church tour (religious art), Cable car tour "Teleferiqo", Inca ruins at Rumicucho, Sangolqui indigenous produce market.
- Full day trips: Cotopaxi national park (horseback riding, mountain biking), Antisana volcano & wildlife reserve, Pasochoa volcano & forest reserve, Pululahua Geobotanical reserve, San Jorge botanical reserve, Otavalo market tour, Mindo valley nature tour, Maquipucuna reserve, Yunguilla community ecotourism, Pahuma orchid reserve, Yanacocha cloudforest reserve, Rio Pita waterfalls, Papallacta hotsprings, Guayllabamba zoo, Jerusalem eco park, Mojanda lakes, white water rafting Toachi - Blanco rivers.
Day 5 Quito - ?
Transfer out to airport for your international flight or trip extension to the Galapagos Islands , the Choco rainforest or an Amazon cruise.
Similar programs are offered in Guayaquil and Cuenca:
Guayaquil full and half day trips
- Half day trips: City tour, Malecon 2000 riverfront & Las Peñas, Historic park, Cerro Blanco reserve, Puerto Hondo mangrove reserve, Lake park protected forest, El pantanal zoo, Guayaquil botanical gardens, Museum tour.
- Full day trips: Banana plantation tour, Cacao plantation tour, Agrotourism hacienda Jambeli, a day at the beach (Playas, Salinas, Olon, Montañita), sport fishing tour, El Morro dolphins dance, Santay Island, San Vicente thermals, Amantes de Sumpa archaeological site, Salinas de Ecuasal birdwatching, Manglares Churute ecological reserve, 7 waterfalls at hayas hill.
Cuenca full and half day trips
- Half day trips: City tour, museum tour, Cajas national park (boxed lakes), Yaviuco birdwatching, Duran thermal baths, Cabogana hill hiking, Gualaceo orchid farm, Gualaceo & Chordeleg artisan tour.
- Full day trips: Ingapirca archaeological complex, Saraguro indigenous community, Sigsig village and Chobshi caves, Giron waterfall & trekking, Yunguilla valley Santa Isabel reserve birdwatching.